The opportunity to get involved in Council's campaign to the State Government to highlight ten of our key issues within Hobsons Bay has now closed. Thank you to everyone who took the time to add their voice!
Help make change happen!
The Victorian State Election is being held on Saturday 24 November 2018. The lead up to the election provides an opportunity for Council and the community to engage with local members and the State Government to raise key issues within Hobsons Bay.
Council has ten priority areas for change that you can add your voice to:
Note: Click on the hyperlinks in bold text in each dot point to add your voice to that priority. You can add your voice to as many priorities as you wish.
- Co-funding for the Altona Sports Centre Complex expansion
- Investment in sports infrastructure across the municipality
- Increased financial contributions for foreshore infrastructure upgrades
- Increased funding for the upgrade and upkeep of boat ramps infrastructure
- Bringing Metro 2 planning and feasibility forward within the State budget
- Investment in public transport including a regional bus review and improving rail infrastructure such as station platform upgrades and end of trip facilities
- Increased funding towards regional bicycle trail projects and building the missing links in our trail networks
- Funding to support the community to become climate resilient and reduce carbon emissions
- Establishment of a Headspace at the Newport Community Hub - Youth Mental Health
- Inclusion of on and off ramps on the Westgate Tunnel Project at Grieve Parade and Dohertys Road
Collectively we can make change happen and all you need to do is add your name to the form located on each individual priority page. Council will use your support to further advocate to the State Government and other stakeholders to support change in Hobsons Bay.
Closes: Midnight Monday 8 October 2018