Consultation has concluded, if you would like to speak to someone about this project please contact the officers in the who's listening section (bottom right).
Consultation to inform the Altona Library renewal works has now concluded, but you will have the opportunity to make comment on the concept design in January 2018.
We had had around 100 online and paper surveys returned, along with 135 responses from face to face interactions. Thank you to everyone who provided valuable feedback to help inform the concept design.
Altona Library first opened in 1965, was extended in 1991, celebrated its 50th birthday in 2015 and now it’s time for an upgrade. In 2018 we will be renewing the library interior to refresh a much-loved community asset.
The feedback received about:
- how you currently access and use Altona Library
- your opinion on the library’s current features
- your suggestions for potential improvements to the library
will help shape a concept design. This will be made available for community consultation in late January 2018 via the Hobsons Bay Libraries website, the Participate portal, and via Council’s media platforms.
We encourage you to click the stay informed button to receive project updates.
- receives more than 8700 visits, loans over 3600 items, and supplies over 1000 internet hours each month
- stocks 41,200 items in English, Chinese, Croatian, Greek, Italian, Maltese, Polish and Vietnamese
- hosts a range of programs and events such as storytime, rhymetime and author talks
- houses Hobsons Bay City Council’s EnviroCentre