Consultation has now concluded, If you would like to speak to someone about this project please contact the officers in the who's listening section (bottom right).
Feedback for the GROW Art & Landscape Project has now concluded...
The ‘GROW’ Art & landscape project was commissioned by Hobsons Bay City Council in 2010. The purpose of the project was to provide a focal point to the heart of a busy and growing part of the city, being Altona Meadows. The art work serves to enliven the space and incorporates a specific landscape design. The ‘GROW’ sculpture was designed by artist, Jonathan Leahey and is a celebration of the diverse population of the neighbourhood, the flower being an emblem of friendship and respect recognisable to all ages and cultures. The sculpture reflects the history of the area, with a central reflective ‘face’, mirroring the surrounding community.
During the summer months, some of the native garden plants were vandalised. In keeping with the original landscape design, Council intends to replace the vandalised plants with alternative species.
Would you like to provide any feedback on the plan?
- Please use the online form below, to submit your feedback.
- You can view the plan and the proposed species for planting via the "document library" on the right.
- The feedback period closes at 5pm on Monday 25 June, 2018.
- We will take your feedback into consideration.
- Planting will occur during the tail end of winter.