The opportunity to provide feedback on the draft master plan for improvements at H.D. Graham Reserve has now closed. If you want to get in contact with us, please see the Who's Listening box (right).
H.D. Graham Reserve Master Plan
The H.D. Graham Reserve Master Plan was endorsed at the Ordinary Council Meeting held on 9 July 2019.
H.D. Graham Reserve is located on a 19 hectare site which acts as the gateway to the Truganina Park, the 100 Steps of Federation and the internationally recognised Cheetham Wetlands - an important breeding ground for migratory shorebirds.
The H.D. Graham Reserve Master Plan can be viewed here (or in the document library on the right of this screen).
Community feedback and budget submissions informed many of the features incorporated into the plan including:
- scaling down the proposed BMX park to a smaller facility suitable for younger children
- reconfiguring the layout of the soccer fields so lighting is at least 110m away from residential boundaries
- a potential site for the Hobsons Bay Wetlands Centre a community-led project headed up by 2019 Hobsons Bay Citizen of the Year, Dr Marilyn Olliff
The Community Engagement Report be viewed here (or in the document library on the right of this screen).
The H.D. Graham Reserve Master Plan also includes:
- improve access to and awareness of indigenous vegetation and valuable habitat into the site
- buffers around significant areas to protect them
- path circuits and viewing nodes to encourage engagement and education
- planting additional vegetation to build on these areas of significance
The cost estimate for the implementation of the master plan is $6.6m which includes:
- the design development
- sportsground development
- sports pavilion
- shared pathway network
- BMX and skate park upgrades
- a new play space
- water sensitive urban design initiatives
- site remediation and preparation.
The master plan will be delivered over the next three financial years, as per the five year Capital Works Program, with $500,000 allocated in the 2019-20 Budget to develop the sport facility.