The opportunity to provide a suggestion for the naming of the new neighbourhood park in Laverton has now concluded. If you have any questions regarding this project, please see the Who's Listening box (right).
Construction is now underway for a new neighbourhood park located between Epsom Street and Fitzroy Street, Laverton.
After significant consultation with the community, the final concept plan was developed for the former Laverton School site, the concept plan includes:
- a centrally located new park
- new play and activity areas
- enhanced lighting
- improved and new seating
- a public toilet block
- new trees, garden beds and open grassed areas
For more information about the consultation process visit www.hobsonsbay.vic.gov.au/epsomstreet
We need a name for the park!
Council is inviting the Hobsons Bay community to submit their ideas for a name for the park.
In order to provide the park with a suitable name that is supported by the local community and Council’s Naming Policy, suggested names must adhere to one or more of the following principals:
- be appropriate to the local, indigenous, geographical, environmental or physical character
- be of verifiable historical or cultural significance
- be related to the local flora, fauna or landscape
- be named after a benefactor, eminent person, pioneer or long-term land holder of verifiable significance.
- be written in Australian English and should be easy to pronounce, spell, write and not exceed 25 characters.
A full copy of Councils Naming Policy can be found in our document Library (on the right) or by clicking here