Review Council's Proposed 10 Year Financial Plan
Hobsons Bay City Council's Proposed 10 Year Financial Plan is used by Council, community and the organisation to ensure long term viability and sustainability of Council.
The Proposed 10 Year Financial Plan supports the achievement of community needs and aspirations as outlined in the Hobsons Bay 2030 Community Vision (long term community vision); Council Plan 2021 -2025 (mid term) and Annual Plan and Budget (short term).
Section 91 of the Local Government Act 2020 requires Council to adopt a Financial Plan by 31 October in the year following a general election of new Councillors - that is this year for us!
We invite you to click here to review the Proposed Financial Plan for 2021 - 2031 or download it from the Document Library on the right of your screen.
Written submissions in relation to the plan must be received by Council by 5pm on Friday 10 September 2021.
Please see the section below for details on how to make a submission.
What does the Proposed 10 Year Financial Plan detail?
- Legislative requirements
- Objectives, context and strategic actions
- Assumptions to financial statements
- Other matters impacting a Financial Plan - i.e. COVID-19
- Financial plan statements - income, balance sheet, changes in equity, cash flows, capital works, human resources
- Financial performance indicators
- Strategies and Plans - borrowing and reserves
How was the Proposed 10 Year Financial Plan developed?
- Considerable consultation was conducted through the Annual Plan and Budget 2021 - 22 including
- Pre-budget Pitch Your Idea (November - December 2020)
- Community Support Package Focus Group (April - May 2021)
- to distribute $2 M in COVID-19 relief as part of the 2021 -22 Annual Plan and Budget
- Legislated four week consultation for the Annual Plan and Budget (April - May 2021)
- Annual Budget submissions heard at the 8 June 2021 Council Meeting
- The Draft Financial Plan has been prepared by Council management
For further details about Council's Assets Plan, please click here.
How to make a submission
Any person wishing to make a submission on the Proposed Financial Plan must do so in writing to Council by no later than 5pm on Friday 10 September 2021.
You can do this by:
- filling out the online submission form (as detailed below)
- downloading and completing the written submission form in the document library and:
- posting your written submission to: Michelle Cardamone, Hobsons Bay City Council, PO Box 21, Altona 3018
- delivering your written submission to the Hobsons Bay Civic Centre, 115 Civic Parade, Altona
Your personal information will be used by Council for the purpose of contacting you to provide feedback on the outcome of your submission.
Submissions are then placed on a Council file and retained in accordance with the Public Records Act 1973.