Project update: 10/7/21
This consultation has now closed. Thank you to everyone who gave feedback on the 'What we Heard' Report for the Community Vision 2030 and priorities for the 2021 - 2025 Council Plan. Council Officers will collate feedback and include it in the draft Council Plan to go on exhibition for community consideration in August 2021.
'What We Heard' Report
Project update: 18/6/21
In January 2021, Council asked the community whether their vision for Hobsons Bay was in keeping with Hobsons Bay 2030 and what Council should prioritise over the next four years.
We received 4,887 ideas across the 11 workshops, 2 markets, 59 drop in sessions via the 'Hitting the Streets' program and the online survey via this site, Participate Hobsons Bay.
Top line results include
- 60% of the 923 who responded, advised they believe the 2030 Community Vision is still relevant
- 43 different themes on priorities for Council over the next four years.
Click here to read the summarized report or via the Document Library on the right.
To provide feedback on the summary report, please enter your details below. Your feedback will be considered as part of the Draft Council Plan released for Public Exhibition in August 2021.
Project Update 21/4/2021: Consultation has now closed
Consultation for the Community Vision and Council Plan has now closed. Thank you to everyone who has made a contribution over the last three months online, in workshops or via mail. Council staff will now collate all results to develop a draft plan for Council's consideration and public exhibition.
Help refresh Councils' vision and four year plan
The work of Council is guided by the 2030 Community Vision and our Council Plan, which is developed every four years.
In the coming months, we are developing our new Council Plan 2021 -25 with you, the people of Hobsons Bay!
We would like to know what you believe are the important issues facing our municipality and your ideas to solve them.
There are several ways to be involved
- Complete a quick survey (below) to refresh the 2030 Community Vision
- Attend a community workshop in your ward or on a particular topic of interest
- Have a chat to Council staff at one of the many events planned across the coming weeks
- Provide feedback on the Community Vision and draft Council Plan once they are released for community comment in mid 2021.
To keep informed about this project please press the 'follow' button in the banner above.
Register to attend a workshop
Hobsons Bay City Council invites you to attend a community workshop to refresh the Council Vision and develop the 2021-25 Council Plan. Click on the links below to register your attendance.
At the workshop, community members will consider
- The Hobsons Bay 2030 Vision and its' priorities
- The status of the community's health and wellbeing
- Achievements of the 2017 - 21 Council Plan, including major projects
- Ideas and priorities for the next four years to achieve the Council Vision and direct Council resources
We encourage you to register your attendance as seats will be limited due to adherence to Covid safe practices. Click on the links below to book your seat.
Ward workshops & online sessions
- Cherry Lake Ward (Altona, Altona North, Altona Meadows, Brooklyn, Seaholme)
- Workshop: Saturday 20 March, 10am-12.30pm, Altona Civic Centre, Meeting Room
- Wetlands Ward (Laverton, Altona Meadows, Seabrook)
- Workshop : Saturday 27 March, 2.30 - 5.00 pm, Laverton Hub, Recreation Room
- Strand Ward (Altona North, South Kingsville, Spotswood, Newport, Williamstown, Williamstown North)
- Workshop: Saturday 27 March, 10 am - 12.30 pm, Williamstown Town Hall, The Chamber
Click here for a diagram of wards in Hobsons Bay City Council.
- Environment and Sustainability: Wednesday 10 February, 9.30 am - 12 pm, Altona Civic Centre, Council Chambers
- Diversity in the community:
Wednesday 10 February, 2 to 4.30 pm, Laverton Hub, Function Roompostponed, date TBC
- Disability and Access:
Thursday 11 February, 9.30am to 12pm, onlinepostponed, date TBC
- Youth: Thursday 11 February, 4 to 6.30pm, Newport Hub, Room 1
Monday 15 February, 5.30 pm - 7.30 pm, onlinepostponed, date TBC
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander: Tuesday 16 February, 9.30 am - 11 am, Online via Zoom
- Seniors: Thursday 18 February, 9.30 am to 12 pm, Williamstown Town Hall, The Chamber
- Connectivity and Amenity: Thursday 18 February, 2 to 4.30 pm, Williamstown Town Hall, The Chamber
- Sports and Recreation: Thursday 25 February, 9.30 am - 12.00 pm, Altona Civic Centre, Council Chambers