Help refresh Councils' vision and four year plan
The work of Council is guided by the 2030 Community Vision and our Council Plan, which is developed every four years.
In the coming months, we are developing our new Council Plan 2021 -25 with you, the people of Hobsons Bay!
We would like to know what you believe are the important issues facing our municipality and your ideas to solve them.
There are several ways to be involved
- Complete a quick survey (below) to refresh the 2030 Community Vision
- Attend a community workshop in your ward or on a particular topic of interest
- Have a chat to Council staff at one of the many events planned across the coming weeks
- Provide feedback on the Community Vision and draft Council Plan once they are released for community comment in April
To keep informed about this project please press the 'follow' button in the banner above.
Register to attend a workshop
Hobsons Bay City Council invites you to attend a community workshop to refresh the Council Vision and develop the 2021-25 Council Plan. Click on the links below to register your attendance.
At the workshop, community members will consider
- The Hobsons Bay 2030 Vision and its' priorities
- The status of the community's health and wellbeing
- Achievements of the 2017 - 21 Council Plan, including major projects
- Ideas and priorities for the next four years to achieve the Council Vision and direct Council resources
We encourage you to register your attendance as seats will be limited due to adherence to Covid safe practices. Click on the links below to book your seat.
Ward workshops & online sessions
- Cherry Lake Ward (Altona, Altona North, Brooklyn, Seaholme)
- Workshop: Saturday 20 March, 10am-12.30pm, Altona Civic Centre, Meeting Room
- Wetlands Ward (Laverton, Altona Meadows, Seabrook)
- Workshop : Saturday 27 March, 2.30 - 5.00 pm, Laverton Hub, Recreation Room
- Strand Ward (South Kingsville, Newport, Williamstown, Williamstown North
- Workshop: Saturday 27 March, 10 am - 12.30 pm, Williamstown Town Hall, The Chamber
Click here for a diagram of wards in Hobsons Bay City Council.
- Environment and Sustainability: Wednesday 10 February, 9.30 am - 12 pm, Altona Civic Centre, Council Chambers
- Diversity in the community:
Wednesday 10 February, 2 to 4.30 pm, Laverton Hub, Function Roompostponed, date TBC
- Disability and Access:
Thursday 11 February, 9.30am to 12pm, onlinepostponed, date TBC
- Youth: Thursday 11 February, 4 to 6.30pm, Newport Hub, Room 1
Monday 15 February, 5.30 pm - 7.30 pm, onlinepostponed, date TBC
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander: Tuesday 16 February, 9.30 am - 11 am, Online via Zoom
- Seniors: Thursday 18 February, 9.30 am to 12 pm, Williamstown Town Hall, The Chamber
- Connectivity and Amenity: Thursday 18 February, 2 to 4.30 pm, Williamstown Town Hall, The Chamber
- Sports and Recreation: Thursday 25 February, 9.30 am - 12.00 pm, Altona Civic Centre, Council Chambers