Friday 25 March 2022
What programs can Hobsons Bay City Council offer you to help save money on your energy bills?
Hobsons Bay City Council is currently exploring a range of community programs to support residents and businesses to save energy and reduce their greenhouse gas emissions.
These programs include;
- rooftop solar
- energy advice services
- energy efficiency
- purchasing GreenPower
- community energy
We know that 78 % of people living in our region want to take action to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions and that we can all benefit from energy cost savings. But we also know that lack of knowledge, upfront costs and being a tenant can prevent you from accessing renewable energy and reducing your energy use.
There are a range of energy and emissions programs delivered by the Australian and Victorian governments but we know that many in our community want to do more locally. This is why Council is exploring options that might work for our Hobsons Bay community.
Council is seeking your input on the best way to support our community to save energy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Not all programs will work for all of our community so we will need your help to tell us what will work for you. We want to know what you think, so please share your thoughts with us through the below survey.
- Free energy advice: solar panels, batteries, electronic vehicles, sustainable construction and building management
- Support to install roof top: solar through YEF (sometimes known as a Solar Bulk Buy)
- Access to the Small Business Energy Saver Program: offering businesses support to access up to $2,000 of Victorian Government funding to install energy efficient equipment at their workplace
- Environmental Upgrade Finance: a loan for building upgrade works (resulting in environmental benefit), repaid quarterly via council rates.
- Advice, information and support: through website, Facebook, newsletter and community events
Tell us what you think
Complete the survey below and tell us how we can help you save energy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions
Privacy Collection Statement
Hobsons Bay City Council is committed to protecting your privacy. The personal information and opinions supplied by you in this survey in regard to the project will assist Council keeping you involved and up to date on the project. Your personal information will not be disclosed to any external party without your consent, unless required or authorised by law. You have the right to access your personal information and make corrections. If you have any queries or wish to gain access to amend your information please contact Council’s Privacy Officer on 1300 179 944