We are seeking your feedback on the draft concept plan for the Pipeline Reserve Federation Trail in Brooklyn. This project is part of the Greening the Pipeline initiative - a partnership between Melbourne Water, Hobsons Bay City Council, Greater Western Water, and the Department of Transport.
The Greening Brooklyn project is designed to enhance and beautify Pipeline Reserve and to provide opportunities for local youth to gain skills and training in horticulture through employment at Hobsons Bay City Council.
This project is funded by Council and the Victorian Government through funding received from the West Gate Tunnel Project's West Gate Neighbourhood Fund.
Also, in coming months the section of the Federation Trail route, through Pipeline Reserve, will be upgraded as part of the West Gate Tunnel Project joint venture, including additional tree planting in the reserve.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does this project include changing the trail to a formalised bike path?
- Can we have e-bike charging stations located along this trail?
- Can we have exercise equipment along this trail?
- Is there scope for heritage information plaques added to this trail?
- Will the trees block the sun into my backyard?
- Will the pedestrian lighting come into my house during the night?