15 February 2021
Thank you to everyone who filled out a survey, attended a drop-in session and provided feedback on the draft concept plans for the MacLean Reserve park upgrade. We are currently reviewing your feedback and will share a summary of what we heard along with next steps for this project soon.
An upgrade of the park and playground
MacLean Reserve in Williamstown is due for a full upgrade next year. As a first step, Council wanted to hear from the local residents, St Mary’s Primary School community and the Williamstown Primary School community to better understand what they value about MacLean Reserve and its significance in the community.
Click here to view the detailed summary of what we heard during the first round of community engagement in August and September this year, or download a copy from the Document Library.
Designs have now been created
Detailed concept designs for MacLean Reserve have now been created, based on the community feedback received.
Key elements include:
- new playground equipment for children aged 2-12 years, focusing on primary school aged children
- improved grass area with irrigation, drainage and new instant turf
- improved park amenities including seating and picnic areas, a drinking fountain and bike hoops
- landscaping works including new trees and garden bed planting
Due to the restricted size of the reserve, no formal sport facilities will be included. However, the grassed area will be improved as mentioned above and can be used for a variety of informal ball games.
Robertson Reserve, to the south-west of Maclean Reserve on the corner of Cole Street and Cecil Street, is a larger reserve better suited to sporting activities.
Click here to view the detailed concept design for MacLean Reserve or download a copy from the Document Library.
Let us know what you think
Are you happy with the park designs?
Let us know what you think by:
- completing the survey below
- contacting the project team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 1300 179 944
- attending a community drop-in session (details listed under 'Key Dates' on the right-hand side of the page)
We are seeking your feedback between 17 December 2020 and 14 February 2021.