Affordable Housing in Hobsons Bay
Updating Council’s Policy Statement
A Draft Affordable Housing Policy Statement has been developed to guide Council’s ongoing efforts to increase the supply of Affordable Housing in Hobsons Bay. It updates Council’s Affordable Housing Policy Statement 2016.
We are now seeking your input on Council’s Draft Affordable Housing Policy Statement. You can share your feedback by completing our survey or making a more detailed written submission. Your responses will help shape the final draft, which will be considered for adoption by Council.
Hobsons Bay City Council has been proactive with regards to affordable housing since the adoption of the Affordable Housing Policy and Strategy in 2002. Affordable housing is defined in the Planning and Environment Act 1987 as “housing, including social housing, that is appropriate for the housing needs of very low-, low- and moderate-income households”.
To address a shortfall of Affordable Housing, Council will continue to prioritise advocacy and securing affordable housing contributions via the planning system. It will also support the growth of the Hobsons Bay Affordable Housing Trust and work to identify opportunities for more housing on government-owned land.
- How can I have my say on the Draft Policy Statement?
- How long will the Draft Policy Statement be available for feedback?
- What is Affordable Housing?
- What are the different types of Affordable Housing?
- What is Council’s approach to Affordable Housing?
- What is the Hobsons Bay Affordable Housing Trust?
- What are the key achievements of the Affordable Housing Policy Statement 2016?
- What has changed since the current policy was adopted in 2016?
- What is the purpose of the updated Draft Policy Statement?
- What are the key changes from the current Policy Statement?
- What organisations provide housing and homelessness support?