22 November 2021
Have your say on the new play space!
We are developing a concept design
for the final upgrade works at W.L.J Crofts Reserve, which include upgrading the existing play space and connecting paths, and need your help to finalise the plans!
Thank you to everyone who filled out a survey, attended a drop-in session and provided feedback on the local play space upgrade at W.L.J Crofts Reserve throughout April and May. Click here to view a summary of what we heard.
Your ideas and feedback have helped to shape a draft concept design of the open space upgrades which is now available for comment. Take a look at the designs and let us know what you think by 11.59pm on Sunday 19 December 2021.
What is included in the design?
After initial community feedback earlier this year, we have developed this concept design which will feature a range of swinging and climbing play equipment for different ages as well as timber and natural play elements.
Trees will be planted to provide shade for both the play space and picnic area and low understory shrub and groundcover will enhance amenity whilst maintaining sightlines between the play space and the pavilion. A new path will connect these two spaces.
New path networks will also connect W.L.J. Crofts Reserve to neighbouring G.J. Hosken Reserve, so it will be easy to access the barbecue, shelters, adventure play and half-court provided there.
View the design and illustrations of the new play space below, or click here to download a copy of the draft concept design to view all upgrades including the new path networks.
Have your say
Let us know what you think by:
- filling out the online survey below
- attending our online community drop-in session (Wednesday 8 December, 6-7pm via Zoom) - click here to register
- submitting further comments to the W.L.J Crofts Reserve Project Team by emailing email@example.com or phone 1300 179 944.
Feedback is invited until 11.59pm on Sunday 19 December 2021.
Hobsons Bay City Council has partnered with the Victorian Government to deliver a package of improvements to its sporting facilities and recreational spaces in areas near to the West Gate Tunnel Project (WGTP). One of the reserves identified for the improvements is W.L.J. Crofts Reserve in Altona North.
The improvement plan includes:
- a new combined pavilion to house the Williamstown Superules Football Club, the Western Jets Football Club, the Altona North Cricket Club and the Agility Dog Club of Victoria
- new family friendly (unisex) change rooms and toilets
- the redevelopment of the northern playing fields to create two football/crickets ovals
- new cricket practice nets
- improved landscaping and play space facilities
Works have been staged over a three year period. Construction of the pavilion and car park are already underway. The redevelopment of the northern playing fields are nearing completion in mid-2021. The new cricket practice nets are completed and will be open to the public in mid-2021.
The final package of works to commence are the open space upgrades which includes an upgrade to the play space and surrounds.