The opportunity to provide feedback on the draft W.L.J Crofts Reserve Improvement Plan has now concluded. If you would like to get in touch with us regarding this project, please see the Who's Listening box (right).
Thank you for your continued input to the W.L.J Crofts Reserve Improvement Plan and Pavilion Design. Council's public consultation phase is now complete and the community's feedback has been collated.
The Victorian Government has partnered with Council to deliver a package of improvements to its sporting facilities and recreational spaces in areas near to the West Gate Tunnel Project (WGTP). One of the reserves identified for the improvements is W.L.J. Crofts Reserve.
The development of a draft Improvement Plan for Crofts Reserve, was also identified as a priority in Council's Sports Facilities Needs Analysis (2018).
The W.L.J. Crofts Reserve Improvement Plan identifies a package of works to be delivered including:
- demolition of existing pavilion
- construction of a new pavilion
- female friendly (unisex) change rooms and toilets to be incorporated in new pavilion
- six change rooms
- increased storage capacity
Sport field upgrades
- redevelopment of the northern playing fields to create two football/crickets ovals
- new cricket practice facilities
- installation of new floodlighting to Australian standards
Entrance and surrounds
- formalisation of car parking areas
- increased visibility, access and improved landscaping
- landscaping works to entrance and south of oval one to improve the amenity and connection to the Kororoit Creek shared path located in Hosken Reserve
- minor play space upgrades
The W.L.J. Crofts Reserve Improvement Project has included consultation with tenant sporting clubs. Council acknowledges the support of the Victorian Government.