11 November 2022
Project update: November 2022
Click here to read a summary of what we heard through the consultation process. More detailed information will be available in the new year.
Launch of the Canopy Delivery Plan
Hobsons Bay City Council recently developed and adopted their first Urban Forest Strategy (2020), which outlines an ambitious target to achieve 30% tree canopy cover by 2040. The draft Canopy Delivery Plan is the delivery mechanism for the U.F.S objectives.
following key canopy enhancement opportunities will be targeted through this
- Residential nature strip planting sites.
- Street tree renewals.
- Retrofitting new planting sites in hard surfaced areas, utilising Water Sensitive Urban Design (WSUD).
- Opportunity mass planting sites.
- Trees led approach to all carpark redevelopments and road rehabilitation projects.
- Creation of a Green Streets program to help educate and foster care for urban trees.
- Creation of a Green Industries program to maximise planting opportunities within our industrial precincts.
How you can be involved
In order to meet the targets, we need your help to build an urban forest to clean our air, improve wildlife corridors, reduce electricity bills, provide shade and cool streets.
Click on the buttons below to be a part of the urban forest effort.