Project update: December 2021
Thank you to everyone who shared their feedback and contributed to the development of the draft Canopy Cover plan. This plan is the delivery mechanism that will enable Council to meet its ambitious target of 30% tree canopy cover in Hobsons Bay by 2040.
Click here to read a summary of what we heard through the consultation process. More detailed information will be available in the new year.
Where are we
planting? Review the (draft) Canopy Delivery Plan
Hobsons Bay City Council needs your help to build an urban forest to clean our air, improve wildlife corridors, reduce electricity bills, provide shade and cool streets.
The (draft) Canopy Delivery Plan is a key component of the Urban Forest Strategy. The (draft) Canopy Delivery Plan outlines how Council will meet the ambitious target of planting 40,000 trees to reach a 30% tree canopy coverage by 2040.
The (draft) Canopy Delivery Plan seeks to
- identify priority areas and locations where more tree cover is required
- increase canopy cover in existing open space and conservation areas
- plant trees in 'harder to plant' locations such as shared paths, car parks, commercial and industrial areas
- maximise tree canopy through water sensitive urban design
- diversify tree species through replacement
We would like your feedback on the Canopy Delivery Plan - have we got it right?